Sunday, May 11, 2014

The pink details

This post is more for me just to keep the record of what we did for the party :)

The finger food and drinks: I was going to bake and cook myself but in the end ordering from DeliFrance was the winning choice. I got their baguettes, mini pizzas, pink macarons, mini canapes and tartlets. They were all very tasty! For drinks I bought some pink guava juice, Snapple kiwi strawberry and pink lemonade. 


Tiara and No1 cookies: These gorgeous pink sparkly cookies were baked by Beenal and air flown by Isabel  (thank you so much ladies!)


The pink sweets: Thanks to my lovely husband who covered the shopping list in Japan and Australia during his work trips I got to add lots of pink to the table. Jellybeans, sticks, M&Ms and gummy pigs. I feel bad giving all the kids the maximum sugar high for the afternoon but they looked nice and pink!



The birthday cake: I had something slightly different in mind but decided it will be a big job for me to bake as well as putting the other things together. So I ended up ordering one from a cafe in Katong. It had the perfect pink cream to go with the party! It was good but I think it needed be chilled more as inside the cake started to melt by the time we cut it (it was sort of semi mousse type). 



Decorations: I got the balloons and pompoms to enhance the pinkness of the room. The little flower pompoms were from Daiso. They are already in the shapes so all you need to do is to open them up. $2 for 14 pieces - you can't go wrong! I did cut them into half and make mini ones to decorate the number one on the wall. 


The party favours: I found her on Etsy - www.stargazinglily.com. It took only a week from placing the order to arriving here from the States. They came individually wrapped in these little pink bags :)


Bouncing castle: This was rented from One Party Store, the pick up location was in Bedok which is very close to us. Thank you Stefan for picking it up, setting it up, testing it out with the kids and dropping it off for us. You are amazing! 


I just loooooved putting it together, maybe I need to find a job as a party planner. I don't think we will have parties to the same extent for the boys this year but I may try surprise the boys somehow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment