Sunday, May 25, 2014

Biking at the ECP

Having Matthew at home on the weekend doesn't often happen at the moment (before the boys were in kindy he often got the weekends off without requesting of course...). So when we do we have to make the most of it. We thought we would get a bit sporty and head to the ECP. We have this amazing facility just 10min walk away from our condo but we tend to forget... We really should go over more often.

TJ has his new bike and Oliver's balance bike was finally fixed and ready to go. We thought the best thing for the boys to do would be a bike ride. Matthew rented a bike with a kiddy seat for Luca and off they went!


It was such a perfect morning for it. I wish I had my bike with a baby seat for Ashley so I could bike too. Oh well, walking by the sea was just as good anyway. 


I didn't need to walk too far. Our little princess fell asleep straight away. I sat by the beach and enjoyed the peace and quiet. I should have taken a magazine or a book with me. It could be better activity for me instead of looking at my iphone!



They went quite far. According to Matthew they did about 6km each way. Poor Oliver must be so tired, Matthew forgot the fact that he wasn't biking, he was on his balance bike, kicking all those 12kms!!


Luca enjoyed telling Matthew to go faster and chatting all the way there and back.


Special treat - nice iceblock after great exercise. Well done boys!


We will be getting Oliver a new bike soon. So next time it won't be as hard as this time. Luca also wants a bike but we cannot trust him on a balance bike just yet. He is so unpredictable... might try him on the scooter first (he insists on biking tho, such a strong minded boy).

No comments:

Post a Comment