Somehow Matthew is working most of the weekends at the moment. That means I need to make sure Oliver does all his homework on Saturday morning (it works better when he does all of it in one day and leaves Sunday completely free) and taking all the kids to rugby practice in the afternoon.
Oliver's attitude towards homework has improved so much so I don't mind doing it with him at all. He just sits down without complaining much when it's homework time and starts writing. The amount of time it is taking is almost half since he started at the start of the term.
His writing is getting much neater:
He enjoys these crafty kind of exercises:
I am just so impressed with his Chinese writing. Some of the characters he is learning is very advanced for his age if you compare that to Japanese primary school.
He still needs some encouragement when it comes to reading but he is definitely getting better. I have mixed opinions about homework at this age. But it is nice to see what your child is learning and being capable of doing.
In the afternoon someone was extra excited to go to rugby practice as he finally received his team socks (he is still waiting on the shorts) and we got him a pair of brand new Adidas boots. At the shop he was very concerned with getting a cool pair.
He was very cute when he said "look mummy my shoes are so cool and stylish" - yap that's my boy, style is very important!
When we got to the field we found only under 5 and 6 were practicing today. I think all the other ages were away playing games. So the little ones got to use the middle of the field.
Until... the lightening warning came and we all had to stay by the stand.
This week there were only 6 kids in his team (last week there were 12 of them) which made the practice much smoother and practical.
Oliver just loooooves being a part of the team. We-are-Dragons!
Oliver's supporters enjoyed being outside in the fresh air too.
I really hope Matthew will get some weekends off soon. He is missing out on watching Oliver enjoy playing sports and smiling so much.











No comments:
Post a Comment