Monday, May 26, 2014

Japanese coffee morning

I have met a few Japanese families through my friend Kei from downstairs. As Oliver and Luca go to a local kindy I don't meet many of them myself. Kei has a daughter in an international kindy and a son in the Japanese primary school so she knows way more Japanese ladies than me even though she has been in Singapore less than a year.

The ladies are very easy going and I enjoy their company. I decided to invite them over for a coffee morning at my place. Here in Singapore I think coffee mornings among Japanese ladies are less common as they can lunch or coffee out in a cafe normally. I was kind of excited to have them over - it felt like I was back in Brunei (I do miss my Brunei lifestyle a lot!), except I had to bake and set everything up myself!



I made peach pies, corn fritters, pancakes and this rolled spanish omelet. I found the recipe on Pinterest and wanted to give it a go. It was quite simple - especially when you know how to roll sushi. It has cream cheese, baby spinach, grilled potatoes, red pepper and smoked salmon inside. It was the perfect way to serve it as we had so much other food and everyone could try a piece each.


I hope I can make this coffee morning a regular one. It is nice to speak in Japanese with others. I enjoyed it very much. Thanks ladies for coming. 

No comments:

Post a Comment