Monday, May 5, 2014

Boys Day 2014

Having boys in the family we celebrated another Japanese tradition "Boy's Day / Child's Day" today.

You can see the boys in the previous years on both Singapore Roses and Brunei Roses posts 2013, 2012,  2011 and even 2010. I didn't realise this is my fifth year around to blog about this special day.

However, my last week was very tough so I had nothing organised. Ashley was teething badly and for 3 days she had a very high fever and was up every 20min through the night... and Matthew was away in Japan over the weekend plus I came down with some sort of flu on Saturday night. I was very miserable yesterday morning having all three kids on my own...

Today I am feeling better but still had no energy to do much for the boys. I feel really really bad... I have made some effort each year so that the boys do appreciate having this day :(

They made me smile by remembering two things from last year. On Boy's day 1) you are supposed to decorate the place with koinobori, and 2) sing koinobori song, which they learnt at Japanese kindy. Oliver and Luca sang the song very well.

Very ashamed of myself not doing anything on this special day, we just took them for special lunch at Parkway Parade. They got to order a special set meal each.
I couldn't finish this day without taking any photos of them in their Japanese outfits. So I quickly got them changed before it was Ashley's bedtime. She was a bit tired and wouldn't sit still with the boys hence she is not looking at the camera plus I had to give her a phone to distract her.

My gorgeous boys:
With their little sister:

I tried this new dress on Ashley today. She looked very cute in black & pink:
(familiar outfit Caroline?)
I promise next year will be an extra special one for the boys. Happy Boys day! May this year be another happy one for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment