Straight away it was time for us girls to hit the shopping malls!
We explored VivoCity which is one of my favourite places to shop here in Singapore. The mall is huge so we needed to walk around a bit to get to the shops we like but it has all the same shops we want on Orchard. Plus we are in the aircon all the time instead of sweating away going up and down the road.
We started off with Desigual, my favourite (and Isabel's). It is a Spanish label and their clothes and bags are unique and the colours are so gorgeous! They have redone the little girl's section. Full of super cute things!
I first encountered this brand when we were in Spain 4 years ago. The clothes I got at that time are still my favourites and I have got lots of complements wearing them. Since then I am in love with their products but they are very expensive here. I think in Spain things were almost half the price!
So we did some research and held off buying. I really hope we can get to Europe this summer so I can shop there instead. I think we spent almost 2 hours just doing this shop and H&M. We also looked for Ashley's birthday party outfit and of course Daiso, the $2 shop. We didn't have much on our lists but we always manage to shop for a long long time :)Break time:
By the time we got home it was already dinner time. Lucky we have the food court downstairs so I didn't have to cook. The boys had Fish 'n Chips and us adults enjoyed some yummy Indian.
This time Isabel's course was only half a day so we had lots of time to hang around and shop more!
Ashley was showing off her newest skill - standing up by herself for more than 10 seconds :)
We spent another afternoon shopping in our area. Parkway Parade and i12 Katong. Isabel found this gorgeous pink skirt for Ashley's birthday. It was exactly what I had in mind so I had to get it! I have seen the similar ones online but they were over $100 but this one was only $29.90. It was just wrong not to get it for my daughter's 1st birthday.
Last night we left the kids with Matthew and went out on a movie & dinner date. (thank you honey, so many days in a row you looked after all 3 of them).
Unfortunately the movie we wanted to see was at the wrong time. So instead we watched the silliest movie in a long while. It was called "Walk of Shame" and the story line is like this:
"A reporter's dream of becoming a news anchor is compromised after a one-night stand leaves her stranded in downtown L.A. without a phone, car, ID or money and only 8 hours to make it to the most important job interview of her life"
See? already sounding pretty bad right? We also watched the trailer shaking our heads... but we just really wanted to go out and watch a movie together. So that's what we did (of course the movie was very very bad!).
We had to grab a glass of wine afterwards - yes it was that BAD!I so enjoyed our night out alone. We got to properly sit down and catch up (when we are shopping our minds are somewhere else, you know). I am very lucky to have such a great friend.











No comments:
Post a Comment