Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Double Birthday BBQ

I had such a busy afternoon. I thought I was well ahead of my "to do list" but I seemed to lose track of time whenever something was on. Finishing up the birthday cake, picking up the balloons, setting up the BBQ pit etc. At least it didn't rain this time - phew!

Our friend Nicola's daughter Aisla shares the same birthday as Oliver so we had a combined birthday BBQ by the pool.  

Waiting for the party to start:


We are lucky to have so many BBQ experts! 


We had pork ribs, chicken, steaks, mussels, fish - yap, pretty much everything you can BBQ.


Nicola had organised some games for the kids (Thank you!)
Pass the parcel:  


Statues: 

Oliver was kind of cheating not dancing much so that he wouldn't be spotted. 


Ashley was there to join the bigger kids too. 


The egg race:



Some of the guests:


The birthday girl - Aisla (2)


BBQ burger time:


Time for some birthday cakes. I baked a simple square sponge cake and put six marshmallows then iced it with some blue icing (Oliver requested a blue cake) then placed some Lego figures to hold the birthday candles. It was super easy - the best thing? Oliver told me he loved it!



Happy birthday Oliver and Aisla!



The kids had a ball running around with lots of friends. We are very lucky to have this nice little community around us.

The gang:


We finished off with BBQing some marshmallows:


Thank you everyone for joining us to make this day so special and the lovely presents you got for Oliver. He is a one lucky boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment