Friday, May 30, 2014

Birthday picnic for Luca

Since we decided to spend the whole month of June in Japan I wanted to have a little celebration for Luca's birthday. I guess his birthday will always fall during the Singapore school holidays so the chances for him to have a big party with his friends are quite slim (lots of our friends go overseas during this time).

We did visit this park a while ago when they were finishing up some of the slides and I have been saying to Gabi and Nicola that we should take the kids one day. We do have a nice park right across the condo but there is no play equipment for the kids. This Pasir Ris park is just awesome! There are so many things for different ages of kids and lots of the area is shaded by big trees.


Being right by the shore the breeze was very nice. It almost felt like we were somewhere in New Zealand! Luca was very happy that Rafi was there. Oliver always gets to play with TJ as we live in the same condo but Luca only gets to play with Rafi sometimes. As he says "Rafi is my BEST friend". Even the teacher asks us if they grew up together since they were very little, they just cannot leave each others side :)



I would love this at our Japanese house. The kids can entertain themselves forever.


This awesome slide was under construction when we were here last time. 



Aisla was very good entertaining herself. I cannot wait till Ashley reaches this age.


The bigger boys being boys:



The little ones had a ball too!


Time for some picnic lunch:


I managed to surprise Luca by having the dinosaur birthday hats and cake. I bought all the pirate birthday things to organise his special day but he changed his mind and only wanted dinosaur... I guess I can keep them for next year.




I made some bacon and egg pie to lift up our kiwi picnic spirit (which turned out very good, I must bake it more often) and this dinosaur banana cake. It was perfect to take along to the picnic. I just needed to place some dinosaurs on top of the rocky mountain. The chocolate rocks were very popular :)


Unfortunately I managed to forget to pack a lighter :( Luca had to pretend the candles were lit... Lucky he is good at pretend play!


We spent the whole morning there. I am sure we will be going back there more often when we return from Japan. Such a beautiful place!

No comments:

Post a Comment