Sunday, May 11, 2014

Ashley's 1st Birthday

WARNING: This post may contain too much PINK!!

The birthday bashes in the Rose residence have started. We have all the kids birthdays within the next month! Busy busy busy! It's celebration time!!

I had thought about some options for Ashley's birthday venue. We could have done a nice picnic/BBQ party outside by the pool but since the management has introduced "no decoration around the pool/BBQ area??" It put me off the idea of having her 1st celebration there. Having more than 3 families visit our apartment is quite a challenge - I do miss the huge house we had in Brunei on these occasions. We have a great facility here - renting out a function room for only $20 for half a day (we ended up renting it for the whole day, but still very cheap!). We didn't invite many people but we thought it would give us more room and the kids will be much happier.

The function room is quite a good size but without something in the middle I thought it will be too empty. So - what did we come up with? Ha ha ha! A bouncy castle for the kids! I really wanted a girly PINK castle to add to the party theme but it was too tall :( We ended up with this one - the colour didn't matter to the kids of course! They loved it.


I have done lots of pinning on Pinterest to get inspiration and ideas for the first PINK PARTY. Despite the rushing last minute jobs I think it came together all right in the end.  Here are the proud parents waiting for the guests to arrive :)


The snack table:


The birthday girl? She was very excited from the morning and missed her morning nap so by the time we got her in her party dress she was too exhausted. Arriving to her party asleep...


While the birthday girl was asleep the other kids had loads of fun. They jumped, ran, screamed and enjoyed the games we played.







The adults enjoyed some afternoon tea:


 I am not quite sure why Stefan was on the floor...? I guess because he is Stefan!?


Finally I could relax!


I was worried Ashley won't wake up and miss the whole party. But she woke up quite cheerful and happy :) :)


She finally got to sit in her birthday chair:


The PINK guests: 




With mummies special friends:



Beauty and the beasts??


Time for the PINK birthday cake:


All the little friends helped Ashley open her presents:



Time to say good bye to the bouncer - even packing up was fun!


I fell in love with these gorgeous party favours when I saw them on Etsy - little PINK personalised bracelet with a tiara. So cute! You can even order the matching ones for the girl's little teddy bears or baby dolls too. I think I will place another order once Ashley is keen to play with her teddy.


I had only 4 boys at the party including my own ones. The older boys got some lego figurines and the little ones got mini airplanes. I think everyone was happy :)

So that was our daughters special 1st birthday. I am already looking forward to her next one. Don't get me wrong, I love doing the boys ones too but it was certainly very special to organise a PINK girly party!!

Happy Birthday our beautiful Ashley! We love you so much xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment