Saturday, December 7, 2013

Dennis's birthday

When everyone got together for the last family gathering on our last night in NZ we celebrated Dennis's birthday once more.

The yummy lemon cake Merryn baked for Dennis: 


Matthew was bringing his present over so we couldn't give it to him earlier in the day. We got him a brand new Kindle Paperwhite. 

It didn't take much effort to figure out what to get him as I had this conversation with him. He said "I really miss my kindle (his old one had died) and I have been hinting to Merryn for my birthday but I know that's not what I'm going to get" so I asked Merryn about it then she told me " He cannot get what he asks for, birthday presents need to be a surprise!" So that was very easy. 

We thought about getting one in NZ but the shop told us they only sell through online orders but they could give it to us if we come back within a day as they just received a big shipment. But after checking the price on Amazon Japan I knew I had to get one over from Japan. (Don't read this bit Dennis) It was almost $100 cheaper! 

So glad we were there to be part of his special day. Happy Birthday & happy reading xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment