All of us were quite tired from the big day at Schloss Neuschwanstein, especially poor Maike and Hans. The drive to the Christmas Market was slightly harder than we thought. Once we got off the highway the road was much narrower and we were driving in the middle of nowhere with no street lights! With some doubt we continued driving. Suddenly we came out onto a field full of parked cars.
Without a doubt with 5 tired kids it was not easy. The walk up to the market was freezing cold and quite steep... But it was so worth it! I was amazed by the beautiful settings. I didn't realise that the market was inside an old castle courtyard.
We had some gluhwein and some food to warm us up.
Oliver was so cold he was even crying :( he just wanted to stay in the buggy... poor little man.
So I took Luca with me and had a look around the market. To be honest I didn't buy anything. There were lots of pretty things but most of them were not easy to take back home. But I truly enjoyed the atmosphere.
We even met St Nicolas! Luca remembers him as "a person who gave him treats".
Oliver in the end came out of the buggy. I took him to the inside stalls, which I should have done to start with as the inside was much much warmer, He wanted to get something - he didn't know what but he had to get something (must be my DNA...) From an old lady's stall he got a little handmade mouse with a nut in the bag. He was very pleased to have something for his girlfriend back in Singapore.
Ah... I just love Christmas festiveness!
Ah... I just love Christmas festiveness!
THANK YOU so much again Maike and Hans for taking us there. We will always remember this wonderful day we had together.





How lovely!! I'm jealous! This is Xmas for me - even the cooooooold!!!
ReplyDelete