Sunday, December 14, 2014

Housewarming + Christmas + Cocktail Party

We were invited to a housewarming party at the Williams house on the weekend. They have moved from one tower to another within Bayshore Park. They are now in very spacious 4 bedroom apartment - Yes great for a party!

The invite came around early this month with a Christmas theme. And we were asked to bring a bottle of sprits from the list for cocktails and a plate of finger food. What a great idea!

As usual it took a while for us to organise ourselves and the kids but we got there not too late. Of course we were in Christmas colours :)



When we arrived The Three Musketeers were already making lovely cocktails in the bar.


And lovely food was covering the dining table. It must be fresh oysters season. We enjoyed yummy French ones at Christina's birthday party the other week and this time James got very creamy delicious NZ oysters mmmmm yum!


Matthew came back from Perth with some nice hard cheeses so I made a Christmas tree cheese board. Gotta love Pinterest :)


Annabel, their oldest daughter, was busy offering snacks and taking drink orders - very cute!


Both of our boys were very happy to spend the evening with their besties. Oliver with TJ and Luca with Rafi.

 

To kick off the party all kids got some Christmas presents from Haythum the cowboy Santa! 



And halfway through the party we were treated with some French escargot that Fabrice prepared. I am not keen on them so didn't try any but everyone who had them were in heaven!



The adults present session was full of fun. Nicola prepared a funny game. She read a one page story and every time you hear the word right you pass the present to the person on your right and left when you hear left. And when you hear the word Christmas we all had to slide them on the floor.
Everyone was trying to guess what's inside and trying to avoid your own etc. We all had a great laugh.
 


After the present giving the cocktail making got even more intense and STRONG and YES everyone got merrier and merrier!!






I was very happy to find my dress for the party. I looked in a few shops while in Japan but I couldn't find anything I liked. With my last hope I went to Isetan in the afternoon and I found this nice dark blue and green dress from Desigual. None of the red ones suited me. I decided Green is the Christmas colour for me this year :)

We had a babysitter for Ashley at home and Oliver was sleeping over at TJ's. So we only had Luca the 3 years old who never gets tired to look after. We stayed on till late. Some of them were strongly going until 3 am!! It surely was a great party!!

(Thanks for the photo Meisha!) 

This is how much we went though the night. What a fantastic night we had. Thanks James and Nicola for hosting a great party. Great start for the festive season!

No comments:

Post a Comment