The food preparation was not too much for me. We ordered pre-cooked turkey from Cold Storage along with some ham and fresh oysters. All I needed to do was make some shrimp salad (which turned out to be very tasty!) and roast some vegetables - nice and easy!
The table was set festively:
And the bubbles were open!
Merry Christmas everyone!
Unfortunately our dining table wasn't big enough to have all of us together, we had to have a separate table for the kids.
Matthew brought some kiddy bubbly from Japan. Luca almost drank the entire bottle:
The kids were too busy playing and didn't stay at the table long. Well it's Christmas, as long as they were happy, us adults were happy too!
We re-heated the turkey slightly too long maybe... it came out a bit sun burnt! But still tasted very yummy :)
We had lots of laughs and too much to drink... but it was very relaxing and we were all very HAPPY!
We managed to get some couples photos while we were still sober (very important!)
Kei and Tetsuo:
Sue and Stefan:
And us!!
After spending all afternoon/evening eating and drinking I got too lazy to do the dishes and clean up. So I called up my cleaner to come and help us. Lucky she was available and was very happy to get some extra work. While she was cleaning we took a little walk to the other side of the condo to visit James & Nicola and their kids with some Christmas presents.
And of course we had some more wine!
When we returned we had some Japanese Christmas cakes that Kei has ordered. They were very soft and light. I like it as they are not too sweet - reminded me of the Christmas cakes we used to have when I was little.
I cannot believe I forgot to take "Rose Family" only photo at the beginning of the lunch!!! The kids weren't too cooperative by the time we tried to take some in the evening :(
At least I have a nice combined family photo:
What a fantastic Christmas day we had. Thanks everyone for making the day so special. You guys are definitely our Singapore family :) :) :)














No comments:
Post a Comment