We had a number of different trees in the past. This is the one we had in Brunei but we gave it away to our friend when we left. It wasn't bad but I would like it to be bushier.
Then we tried an IKEA live tree two years ago. It was nice with the smell but tricky to pick a perfect shape tree as they were all roped up.
And last year we spent most of December outstation - Bali and Japan. So we just needed a tree to leave some presents. Hence, no live trees. Instead I got this one online.
I wasn't too happy when it arrived as it didn't really look like the picture at all. Much skinnier :( A lesson learned -never buy a Christmas tree online. We decided to take it to our Japanese house and use it there.
It took a while for us to make a decision on what sort of Christmas tree we would get this year. Our friends discovered a Christmas tree market in Bedok where you can walk around and pick a tree you like. We almost got one from there but we decided we won't be here for the whole month and they were a bit pricy for the short period of time.
We only had one afternoon to look as Matthew had overnights in Perth right after we got back. We spent ages comparing trees and finally picked the perfect one! Ta daaaaa!! Nice and bushy with lots of lights :) I am very happy with it!
The kids had fun decorating the tree. We have added some new decorations we got from Germany.
I am enjoying spending a couple hours on my computer every night after putting the kids in bed. Listening to Christmas songs with a cup of Christmas tea and looking at our perfect tree :)
I just LOVE this time of the year so much.




So is this real? Or fake? If fake, yes perfect tree forever and ever from now on! I LOVE ours, to me it's the perfect tree! Still going strong, even though we must have got it about 10 years ago.
ReplyDeleteIt is a fake one Boel, pretty good one ha? To Matthew Christmas tree is a pine tree so we chose this one together. Hope it will last long like yours!
ReplyDelete