Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Day 6 Kite Flying and Sushi dinner

Suddenly our holiday came close to the end. Only two more days left before we had to leave Germany. We took up an offer from Maike and Hans and left the boys behind. We took a train back into the Munich city to do some more shopping. We managed to get all the Christmas shopping done - Yeah! very very happy about that :) I picked up some Christmas goodies for myself too.

When we returned from shopping the kids were dressed and ready to leave the house with some kites. Again how awesome is this to have such huge empty land behind your house??



Getting the kites ready. 




We found where we started had not much wind so it was kinda hard to keep them in the air. The boys were getting very cold and frustrated :( Oliver especially got grumpy seeing other kites staying longer in the air and wanted to swap his kites all the time. Tough luck my boy! So unfortunately he didn't enjoy it as much as I wanted him to. Luca of course went into the muddy paddock and got so much mud on his gumboots until he could hardly walk... so typical...


Helen found the perfect spot and she kept her one up in the air forever. Can you see the small dot in the second photo?



When we returned to the house it was already dinner time. What to have for the last night in Germany?? Of course we had to have homemade sushi! It was lots of fun making it with the kids. Plus Hans was very keen on learning how to improve his sushi making so he was busy taking lots of photos and asking questions. I felt like I was running a cooking show!


Matthew and I also made some dessert - you might have guessed, yes NZ pavlova. When I was putting the merengue in the round cake shape I suddenly thought I could make something else out of this! I knew Helen and Mina were into the movie Frozen (which girls are not into it ha?) so made two mini pavs instead of a big one. I also got some sticks from the outside garden and finished up the cake. 

Here is the result - Yes Olaf!    


Once the kids were all in bed we enjoyed our last dinner together. I really hope we can get together again in the near future!

No comments:

Post a Comment