Thursday, December 4, 2014

Henri Charpentier Singapore

Henri Charpentire is a newly opened Japanese/French cafe in Dempsey Hill - If you lived in Japan, you have encountered their famous desserts and baked sweets at least once. I didn't know they had a cafe/restaurant in Japan (Only 3 branches). I used to get them from their shop at the bottom of department stores on my way home. My favourite is their Les Financiers - nice and buttery mmm... just delicious!

The Singapore flagship shop opened in October this year. I have been busy and couldn't find a free morning for so long. Finally I managed to squeeze a visit in (between our trips to Germany and Japan) with my lovely Japanese ladies from our condo.

I took lots of photos of us enjoying the wine, brunch and dessert but somehow they disappeared from my phone (maybe it is not a good idea to let your 1 1/2 year old daughter play with your phone?). So I have only these photos to show you. If you are interested you can visit their website here to see their other delicious treats.

We were very full from all the yummy food we but just couldn't stop ourselves ordering something sweet to finish off our lush brunch. Yes, they all look very good ha?


I was a bit surprised with the prices for these desserts tho... some things were more expensive than the main! (luckily my friend had a discount voucher we could use). Anyway, we ended up ordering 4 different ones and sharing.

Crepe Suzette being cooked by our table:


Hiroko and Kei:



As you know having 4 housewives, you don't have any trouble keeping the conversation going. We had lots and lots of laughs (even tears from laughing so much at one stage). Thank you ladies for a great morning! 

Unfortunately Dempsey Hill is quite far away from our place but I hope I can go back there with Matthew for nice evening treats :) They are open 10:00 - 22:00.

No comments:

Post a Comment