Friday, March 10, 2017

Spa at Capella

Back in October for my 40th birthday, my lovely friends gave me a spa voucher for Auriga Spa at a luxurious 5 star hotel Capella Singapore on Sentosa Island. I have been wanting to make a day out for my special treatment but hadn't done so for a long time. It was great that my lovely friend Naz wanted a day out in a spa and booked it for us.

As soon as we arrived, the whole world went quieter. I could hear the birds singing, water flowing and I truly felt I was in an expensive resort.




The reception area smelt wonderful with aroma fumes and the soothing music made us relaxed already. This must have been the first time I wasn't rushing to a spa treatment. We had a good one hour before our appointment. We filled out forms about our health and some special requests we would like to make. We had nice herbal tea before we were taken to the changing room.



Here we are, ready for our special treatments. 


The treatment room was very nice with a private garden with some lush green plants. 



I took a detox organic tablet with water with some essential oil to begin my treatment. 


It is interesting that Auriga Spa has a distinctive approach to wellness and beauty based on the cycles of the moon. According to the brochure they only offer it when the treatment corresponds to the Moon's particular stage to ensure the most profound experience. 

The treatment I chose was called NEW MOON, unfortunately when we visited, the actual moon phase in Singapore was close to Full Moon. Since it didn't correspond with the actual moon phase I thought they might say No to this treatment but they didn't seem to mind. Certainly I wasn't bothered at all. I was so excited to spend the next 2 hours totally relaxed!

To start with I got juniper, rosemary and fennel oil foot massage. Then the whole body salt scrub with seaweed and eucalyptus. It was definitely the best salt scrub I've ever had. Then I got the seaweed wrap which was a very interesting experience. I have never done an entire seaweed body wrap before. The mud was warm and almost slimy. Once I was totally covered with it the therapist covered me with a big plastic sheet. I felt like I was a mummy or a dead person.

Once I had a shower to rinse off all the mud it was time for the full body oil massage. It started off with a facial massage during which I fell asleep. The therapist was asking me if I was already in heaven or not. It was just so good. I tried to stay awake for the next hour but I fell asleep a couple of times. It was definitely the number one spa experience I've ever had.


Once my heavenly massage treatment was completed, I was taken to the relaxation lounge where I sat on the sound wave lounge chair and enjoyed some fresh fruits and nibbles with herbal tea. Naz came in not long after me. We had good chats and enjoyed some luxurious time.



Then we went to get changed into our swimmers to relax further in the vitality pools overlooking a beautiful garden. The water temperature was just right for me - slightly cooler than a Japanese public bath. I so enjoyed stretching all my muscles in the hot bath. There were two chairs/beds where you can lay down and get jet bath massage on the side of the pool too. 
When we got hot from the bath we tried two different aromatherapy showers which were again fantastic. And the last facility we used was the aromatherapy steam sauna. We must have been inside for over 30 min. I was sure I lost some weight in there! 


The whole experience cost us over $300 each (!!!) but it definitely was the number one spa experience I have ever had. Naz and I were feeling totally rejuvenated. 


The rest of the hotel was beautiful too. I am definitely coming back. This might be our next wedding anniversary destination in April. (Hint Hint Matthew...)




Thank you Naz for coming along with me. It was one amazing experience and we certainly deserved it. Now back to our kids and hubby! 

No comments:

Post a Comment