Her apartment was beautifully decorated with beautiful Girl's Day items.
I straight away fell in love with these beautiful porcelain Hina dolls. They are made by well known Spanish brand "Liadro". So super nice!
She also had Steiff Hina dolls from the German teddy bear company.
Here is baby Sawa, extra cute in her traditional Japanese outfit.
As usual, the table was set beautifully, Ayako has such great taste!
Of course we started off with some bubbly.
Then we quickly moved on to yummy homemade sangria that Ayako made.
Ayako gave us a lecture on how to cook raclette. This was the first time I tried this dish. She had this tabletop grill that has some small pans, know as coupelles, in which to melt slices of raclette cheese.
I might have to invest in the machine. This will be the prefect Sunday dish for the kids!
We waited till all the cheese was melted and the bread came out nice and crispy. You simply pour the melted cheese over the bread. I think in Germany and Switzerland they put them over cooked vegetables too. I love the concept of cooking as you eat, definitely the best way to enjoy the food!
We had such a great time. It was a shame lots of us had to rush home to get our kids back from school... Otherwise we would have stayed on longer for sure!
Happy Girls Day girls!
Thank you Ayako for hosting such an amazing party. I am looking forward to the next one already!
No comments:
Post a Comment