We arrived there bang on the opening time at 10am but due to local school holidays plus both Japanese schools in Singapore having a graduation day it was already packed!!!
We were in the queue for over 30min to just receive a boarding pass to start our day. It is such a shame that Singapore Airlines is not sponsoring the aviation academy. It is Qatar Airways somehow (they now own the famous Raffles Hotel here in Singapore too!).
Finally our turn :) Ashley had a playdate at Universal Studios in Sentosa with Sakura's family instead of coming with us. She is just under 4 years old and all the occupational activities are designed for 4 years and above. I really didn't want her to just wait and wait the entire day.
The boys received a bank card and $20 kidzania currency to start their fun day.
Here is the Kidzania town. It looks quite empty right? Thats because everyone was queuing up to get tickets for either the aviation academy or the candy store. I didn't really like the concept of queueing up for almost 1 hour to get a slot. But I guess these are just such popular activities. The problem is they can only take 4-10 kids for each activity and each session averages 20min. So if you don't plan well you will end up just queuing up all day (that's pretty much what we did in the end...)
We successfully got our slots for pilot training. So off we went to try different jobs. It was so good to have both Matthew and I with the boys. Matthew followed Oliver most of the day and I spent the day with Luca. Oliver straight away wanted to try being a soccer player so he went off to the pitch. Luca got into Paddle Pop ice-cream making with only 20min wait! Very lucky.
They had buttons to mix the flavours, then to freeze and finally wrapping them.
Luca was so excited to see all the ice cream coming out.
Then he got to taste it!!!
We had to go back to the pilot training at 1pm so only had time for one more activity. This was quite an unpopular one - working for a flooring company by putting pieces of wood on the floor to patch it up. There were already 3 kids queueing up. I really could not understand why they cannot take 5 kids... According to the lady who was in charge because they only had 4 hats...
Luca had already done the ice cream and Oliver needed some more money to be able to go and get his drivers license so he went in the queue. Oliver didn't really enjoy the job though...
Unfortunately we couldn't go into the simulator room (if you choose to be a flight attendant the parents can become passengers and see whats going on). The only way to see the pilot training was to go and view the pictures they took in the cockpit. I just had to laugh aloud when I found the boys photos. Oliver smiling beautifully and looked like he was flying ok, Luca on the other hand had to make the face because his plane was falling!!!! So typical!!!
After that I made them do the clock tower performance even though they both weren't that keen :( I said to them "You need money, take any jobs available there!!"
Hard to see but they were performing at 2pm on top of Maybank in front of everyone.
Luca managed to open his bank account successfully and got an extra $30 kidzania money out using his ATM card.
While Luca was at the bank Oliver had fun being a professional photographer.
Then both boys played soccer. They thought this was a great way to earn extra money. In total Oliver played 3 times!
Luca loved working for Lim Chee Guan the famous grilled pork. To my surprise he was very good most of the time just waiting. I guess they were entertained by watching what's happening inside.
This is so Luca, instead of weighing the grilled pork, he put three of the tongs to check the weight. Everyone else was on the other side of the shop doing the last part of the exercise.
Unfortunately Oliver had to leave at this time to see his Dr. for his finger injury. I stayed on with Luca to let him become a firefighter and a dentist.
The arrived at the fire scene and worked hard to put out the fire.
I think being a dentist was the most interesting and educational activity for Luca. He was listening (Luca listening???) very intensely and learned a lot.
This poor mannequin had such bad teeth.
At the end each got to choose a product to take home. Luca chose a kids mouthwash. He was so super happy.
I was totally exhausted after the whole day of waiting around. But Luca wouldn't let me rest in the car, he continued his non-stop talk about what he had just learnt at the dentist training. I think I need an ear specialist now...
Both Oliver and Luca had a fantastic day but I think we did the least number of activities in Singapore Kidzania. It must be the number of kids coming in but we were disappointed with the length of time we had to queue up and with the staff there. Some were clearly not enjoying their jobs and didn't even smile at the kids. We might have to try non holiday season to give it one more go.
No comments:
Post a Comment