Friday, November 2, 2012

Auckland Festival of Quilts 2012

We went to a fabric arts = quilts exhibition at North Harbour today.  Merryn is a wonderfully experienced quilter and attends the exhibition every year. I wasn't sure how my boys were going to behave but it is just like going to an art museum so decided to take them along.

Unfortunately Oliver was somehow over excited or tired which meant only one hour or so for me look around.

But here are some of the ones we looked at:

The Cat in the Hat:



Orange and Black squares:



NZ birds:



This was my favourite - alphabet quilt:



It was nice to see lots of Christmas materials and fabrics too:







I wish I could have spent a little bit longer. I am not a quilter but I love fabrics - I hope I can sew something special one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment