The Japanese School in Singapore is unique. It is a private school and covers 100% of the Japanese Government school curriculum. It offers extra English lessons and has an emphasis on swimming and music learnt in English (I am not sure why...).
The school is ginormous. There is a great gymnasium, library, swimming pool and a huge outdoor space for PE. Oliver's grade will have over 200 new students and there will be 8 classes. I think the student/teacher ratio is very good.
One of the strange things for me is not having a school uniform though. When I was a kid we always had a uniform and we used the famous Japanese leather backpack called randoseru. Not here, you can wear anything you want.
Ayaka and Oliver are hoping to be in the same class.
Well, the most important thing was that Oliver really enjoyed his trial day. There were lots of mixed kids too, which made him somehow more comfortable. Only one more month before his new adventure starts!
No comments:
Post a Comment