Monday, March 14, 2016

Calligraphy morning

I found this amazing calligraphy teacher on Facebook the other week. Depending on her availability, you can book a one hour lesson each time on the weekend and she comes and teaches at your home.

Having Luca and Ashley with me, it is easy for me if Oliver can do activities within Bayshore Park - no hassle of organising transport or a babysitter!

Oliver already had his first writing lesson the other day. He learned how to write his name with a pencil slowly and correctly. As you know Japanese writing is kind of drawing/art. So many lines, dots and curves to form each character.

Last Sunday he tried something new. Japanese Calligraphy - artistic writing of Japanese language using black charcoal ink and a brush. I asked other kids to join in and we had a big class at our place.

The teacher showing the example:


Oliver's very first attempt - the number one in Chinese characters:




On each final project you write your name on the left side of the paper - here is Oliver trying to fit his name in Japanese. 


The older kids were very good at taking advice and putting it into practice. I am very happy I found this teacher. She is super good with the kids and the kids love her! 
Hopefully Oliver will keep his interest in it and learn to write beautifully. 

No comments:

Post a Comment