Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Marina Bay visit

My family were only here for 6 full days so I had to plan things carefully. Mum was very keen to have a relaxing holiday - staying at home and not doing much but I had to make sure to take them out to show them some of the amazing places that Singapore has to offer.

We arrived at Marina Bay and Merlion Park area in the late afternoon. We walked around and took hundreds of photos. Here are some of them.


I was hoping the sun was not as harsh but it was such a hot afternoon! Walking to the other side of the bay was harder than we thought...






My original plan was to walk around the bay until people were too hot to walk any more then take them to visit the ArtScience Museum at Marina Bay Sands for a cool down. I've heard lots of good things about FUTURE WORLD from friends. But the kids were so thirsty and hungry we had to get some food and drinks first, and by the time we got back to the museum we found out that we missed the last admission session for the day :(

I wanted to spend an extra few hours around the area to show them the water and light show at Marina Bay Sands. So spending time in cool air conditioned museum was the perfect thing to do but instead the kids ended up running around playing rugby in Gardens by the Bay.   


Even though we spent a while waiting for it, the show was only half completed due to some very strong winds blowing all the water display...

By the time the show was finished Matthew arrived at the hotel to meet up with us. He took my father to the roof top bar at MBS to have a nice cold beer together. 


Once the boys enjoyed a quick beer, they kindly (?) took the little kids back home so that us ladies can go up and enjoy some night views with Cheese and Chocolate buffet at Club55. 



Needless to say we all ate way more than we needed!!







It was a fun relaxing way to finish up the day. I do recommend if you are a super chocolate eater to make the most of the buffet. All the cakes were very rich even though each piece was small! 
Maybe I will go there again for a quiet night with Matthew for some wine and cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment