Sunday, October 25, 2015

Outing in Bangkok city

On the second day, we took a tuktuk to the train station then BTS to MBK  to explore busy Bangkok. Our kids are in love with tuktuk now, it goes so fast!


Very very good train system - very modern, clean and fast!



Check out Ashley's fringe!



MBK was an interesting place. It has over 2000 shops selling pretty much everything. It caters for both locals and tourists so you can imagine how packed it was!!  I was imagining outdoor market type of place you can find in South East Asia but it was in an air-conditioned modern 8 story building. We had to make sure we didn't lose any kids in there!
Matthew and I had a mission of buying a set of new clothes, shoes and a bag for the surprise show and couples night. We assumed we were going out only on my birthday night so didn't bring any spare nice clothes (note for the next trip, always put an extra dress and a pair of high heels in the suitcase...)

In the evening we left the kids with P&I's babysitter and went out. After a tuktuk and a few train rides away, we got to the riverside to catch a boat. Still at this stage we had no idea where we were going...







After a 20min boat ride we arrived at Asiatique, which is a wonderful night time entertainment destination. Loads of space for the kids to run around with a ferris wheel and 40 restaurants! 



The surprise show we went was Muay Thai Live - the Legends and Heroes of Thai Boxing. You can read more about it here. During the show you are not allowed to take any movies or photos so I don't have any to share with you but it was basically covering the history of Thai Boxing from its origin to present. 



They even put on a live boxing match at the end! You can see who was most excited!?



The show certainly put Isabel and I on a high, well... I have to say especially Isabel!! 




I would definitely come back here when I visit next time. Looking up their website, there are 1,500 shops selling souvenirs, clothes, accessories and home decor items. I could be here for an entire day! 

Our night didn't finish there. Pete then took us to the roof top bar at the Marriott Hotel. 





I thoroughly enjoyed the whole day. Thank you Isabel and Peter for showing us your amazing home town! 

No comments:

Post a Comment