Oliver has been asking me for almost a month if he could have a pet that he can keep at home. He tried to train Luca as a pet dog but it hasn't been too successful...
So these are the conversations we have had over the last few weeks. When I give him an answer he goes away and thinks on it for a day or two then comes back with a new idea.
Oliver: Can I have a pet dog?
Me: They poo and pee lots, you will need to clean up after them yourself (I know Oliver is not keen on this).
O: How about a cat?
M: They poo and pee lots too.
O: How about rabbits?
M: They poo so much and they eat the walls.
O: How about hamsters?
M: They smell and you need to clean the cage. Lots of poo and pee.
O: OK I am going to have some fish then.
M: You will need to clean the fish tank, can you do that?
O: No.... not by myself...
He must have though about this for a while. It was three days later he finally came back with a big smile on his face.
O: Mummy I know what I will have - A pet rock! It won't poo nor pee. I will paint it red and put a string around so that I can walk it. I will also make a bed for it. Do you think it's a great idea?!
M: You are genius Oliver! You couldn't have any better pet than that!
No comments:
Post a Comment