Monday, June 16, 2014

Fireflies

Every year my sister Mako takes the kids to see some fireflies in Wakayama with her friends. She asked me if Oliver would like to come along. I really wanted to go too but there was only one seat left in the car. So I send him alone. Oliver wasn't too keen as he didn't know what fireflies were to start with and also I told him he cannot take his bug basket/cage because they are there to see not to catch.

After a half day convincing him that this is a very cool activity to do he finally said he wanted to go. Mako sent me some live pictures - smartphones are just fantastic!

They knew there would be lots of cars so they left well ahead of time to secure a good park. Then they took the kids to play at a nearby school.





Then to a river - Oliver was very excited to tell me they made a dam using rocks.



Mako told me this year they saw the most number of fireflies. They must have picked the best day to view them. They came and landed on Oliver's arm and flew away a few times. They were surrounded by hundreds of them. Must be such a great experience - I will be there next year for sure!

(Photo borrowed from Google images)

To finish up an exciting evening they went to a public bath. By the time Oliver got home he was fast asleep in the car...  

No comments:

Post a Comment