I am not sure why I don't learn by now - traveling with three little ones alone is NOT A GOOD IDEA. We originally planed to fly via Hong Kong with Matthew this time. Staying overnight at the Disney hotel and visit Disneyland to celebrate Luca's birthday. But as the school holiday started the two Disney hotels were fully booked :( so I had to make the decision of flying Malaysian via KL like last time or fly ANA via Tokyo alone with the kids.
When we got to the airport we were told we could be on both sectors. When the time came to collect the tickets they told us there were some issues with Ashley's names in the system that they cannot fix so they won't be able to give me boarding passes from KL to KIX. They tried so long to fix the problem by the time I got the tickets it was already 8:55. Guess what time our flight was leaving? 21:15.
Of course this was the only time the queue in the immigration was so long and each person took an extra minute or two to get through. I was confident the counter people had warned the gate people when they gave me the tickets but I almost lost it when Luca decided not to walk anymore. Plus our gate was so so far away... I don't know how but somehow we got to the gate and the people at the gate were the nicest people ever and helped us get on the plane. Phew!
I had another issue getting our transit tickets in KL but managed not to miss the connecting flight either. We were very lucky this time. I think in the normal situation we would have missed both of the flights...
Once we got on the plane to KIX Oliver was very good and went straight to sleep but Luca was over tired and couldn't stay asleep. He woke up so many times, like every 15 min :( That upset Ashley a lot and took her forever to settle too. I had a bassinet seat but she was in there only an hour or so. It is always the case when your child finally settles the seat belt signs come on, why why??
I really didn't understand why they had to start the breakfast 2 hours before getting into KIX. Them turning all the lights on and making lots of noise woke Ashley up for the day. It was 3am Singapore time...
Anyway the trip over here was extremely stressful but we managed to get here and I didn't lose any children! It's a miracle!
Soooooo good to be back home finally.
No comments:
Post a Comment