Monday, March 11, 2013

Checking out a kindy

I had two main missions during this trip (aside from some alone time shopping of course!) Dr. check up and checking out and enrolling Oliver and Luca into a kindy during our stay in Japan.

I was very lucky to find this place. First, you cannot send your child to a nursery/kindy if you are not working if the child is under 3 in Japan. And second there are not enough spaces available for children under 3 at the moment. Lots of mothers are struggling going back to work, some had to decline their work offers as they cannot find a place to send their children.

I decided to look into non-government funded nursery for the boys as we are always coming and going and I am not working. Somehow I found this nursery/kindy two days before I left to Japan just browsing the internet. I straight away skyped them and made an appointment. 

When I visited the school I had no hesitation to sign up my boys. The place was very clean and the kids will be spending their days just the same way as the government funded ones. 

As a bonus there are school buses which will come and pick the boys up from in front of our house! I don't have to do school run with my big tummy! Yeah! and both of them will enjoy the bus ride for sure!! Oliver is already talking about his new kindy and his school bus :)

They will be attending 9am-3pm 5 days a week from the first week of April. This may be challenging for Luca but I am sure he will get used to it very quickly. I am so excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment