Jason kindly brought his professional camera along and took lots of lovely photos for me.
My friend Meisha knows a lot of the good restaurants here in Singapore. She dines out a lot and her opinions on the restaurants are spot on. So when I was looking for a venue for my special day I didn't use any online reviews, instead I asked her to give me a list of places to visit and try.
Matthew and I went out for lunch at this amazing French restaurant "L'Angelus" on Club Street in Chinatown. This was the first restaurant to try from Meisha's list. We were very happy with the service and the quality of the food. In the end we didn't try any other places on the list, we knew this would be the perfect venue for my 40th dinner.
I wanted to have sampler style dinner, instead of the guests choosing items each from a set menu. These are the delicious entrees. Some fresh French oysters, escargots and foie gras salad.
Then to the main - Pan seared seabass and the restaurants signature dish, "Le Chateaubriand grille".
My birthday cake arrived - with a little firework!
Whoever still had room in their tummy chose a dessert each from the restaurant menu. Meisha and Nicola had these beautiful poached pears.
We were so surprised when Rowena's creme brûlée arrived. It was huge!
We have made so many lovely friends since we arrived in Singapore 5 years ago. Nicola and James who are our super neighbours, Meisha & Patrick, Jason and Danielle, Rowena and Nico (who had to work and couldn't make it to the dinner unfortunately). They made my birthday such a special one.
And this is Rachael. One of my oldest friends. We met in the English language school in Christchurch, New Zealand when I was only 18! That is 22 years ago!! She was the first friend I made in the school and since then we studied together and partied every weekend. Even after both of us left NZ we kept in contact. We visited her and her partner Peter in Jakarta, they came to our Japanese wedding. She is funny, beautiful, smart and talented. And often very Rachael - thats the term we use to describe her.
I am so blessed to have such an amazing friend.
Another amazing friend I am very lucky to have is Isabel (and of course her husband Peter), who came to join my celebration from Bangkok. I first met her in Brunei at the yacht club 9 years ago. I still clearly remember the day. Since then we have done many many playdates, family holidays and girls get togethers. The best word to describe her? She is my soul friend.
These are some of the pictures I took with my iphone. Some odd-couple-photos.
My special day finished up on a rooftop bar.
With these wonderful friends I truly enjoyed my special day. Thank you very much everyone once again for making my 40th birthday such a memorable one.
No comments:
Post a Comment