Sunday, October 23, 2016

My 40th birthday champagne brunch

I originally wanted to have a very small celebration for my 40th birthday with just a handful of close friends with a posh dinner. But then I thought maybe the kids will miss out celebrating my special day? plus some of the other wonderful friends won't be able to come as I need to make the guest list very small.

So in the end I decided to have a champagne brunch by the pool. This way people can bring kids along and they can also be having fun with their friends in the pool while adults enjoy some champagne!

My morning wasn't too bad. Peter arrived at our place the night before and he was ready to help me in the kitchen. He was in charge of this amazing fruit platter.


I baked a vegetable quiche the night before and Nicola helped me cook the gluten free sausages.  

My awesome husband cooked 40 pancakes for me! And I had most of the other baked products from DeliFrance so it was very easy!


All I needed to do was to put some tablecloths down and garnish the table with some food!




And some well chilled champagne!!!


Before we started I managed to take some pictures with my special friends. 




Then we all ate, and drank and drank some more! Matthew's pancakes were so popular they were gone quite quickly.








We had to wrap up the party rather suddenly as I had another item on my itinerary in the afternoon. Watching the final of the Bledisloe Cup 2016 - NZ vs Australia. We said good bye to non rugby fans downstairs and carried on our party upstairs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment