I first had problems with the retinas on my eyes when I was working in Japan. At that time I thought it was caused by overworking in front of the computer day after day. My retina had a hole so the ophthalmologist gave me laser treatment. It was a very quick one and I could go back to work the next day. Because it was very easily fixed I wasn't worried too much then.
The second incident happened just after having Oliver in Brunei. I felt uncomfortable in my eyes so I went to see a specialist then he straight away sent me to the national hospital where I had full anaesthetic operation on both eyes and overnight in the hospital. My condition was "detached retina".
The Brunei ophthalmologist told me that it happens to women 30-40 years old who has strong short sightedness. I thought this operation would fix my retina problems having the big operation but somehow it came back...
A week ago I felt something was not right with my left eye again. Matthew called most of the places in Singapore and found an ophthalmologist who could see me straight away. Luckily I got to be seen by a fantastic ophthalmologist and he gave me a thorough examination.
As a result he found another tear on my retina and gave me laser treatment on the same day.
He had very good explanation on why I am getting these problems. Unfortunately it is not something I can prevent, but he told me to avoid bungee jumping (lucky I haven't done it in NZ yet!) and boxing.
As much as I would love to catch up on my blog, having the both boys birthdays and visitors etc, I now must spend the least time possible in front of my computer. I need to look into voice recognition software or I must not look at the computer screen at all while I am typing.
Hopefully it will get better soon and I can be up to date on the posts before our busy summer travel time comes!
No comments:
Post a Comment