The crazy hot weather put me off having one downstairs too. The kids will be fine being in the swimming pool but us adults would be sweating like piggies!!
Then I had a very good idea. With her 5 little friends in Bayshore Park she can have a tea party! Yes very posh style "High Tea Party!" Of course I had to make sure it would be very PINKY and girly. It was great fun planning all the details. Compared to some of the kid's parties I have organised this was quite easy. No special party activities for the girls, they just need to sit down at the table and enjoy the food and drinks right? Also they are all little so I only needed a small amount of food.
I wanted to make sure all the little parts were done nicely though. Here are the items I was particular about.
Pink roses - this is a must for a female Rose :)
A big pompom as the centre piece:
The most important item for a high tea party - the tea cups. If you zoom into this picture you can see the writing on the bottom of the tea cup. I bought them for this special occasion from Laura Ashley. I don't think many people know I got the hint for Ashley's name from this brand. When we were running out of names to add to the list with her still in my tummy, I saw the name on the handkerchief I was holding one day. Laura Ashley's products are very girly and flowery so I straight away loved the name!
Another thing about the tea cups I was getting - YES! had to have rose design on them. I would like to use them carefully so that one day Ashley can have them to have a grown up tea party :)
I am not a great baker so not much baking happened. I managed to make some cute shaped sandwiches (I love cookie cutters!!), quiche and mini pancakes. The kids helped me to make some 3 shaped shortbread cookies the day before too.
And lastly I am always busy trying to take as many pictures as possible and kind of miss out on what is happening in the party. So I asked our friend Jason the camera man to take over my photo taking duty! It was one of the best decisions I made. He captured all the amazing moments. I will share some of the pictures with you once I have a good look through them. The photos I am using for this post are all from Matthew and my phone.
Oh, don't forget! Oliver and Luca played very important parts in the party too. They dressed nicely as waiters and escorted the girls to the table and served some apple juice from a tea pot to the guests.
Look at these cute girls enjoying high tea!
Time for the birthday cake! Happy Birthday Ashley!!
We got some group and family photos taken too.
I was so pleased Ashley really loved everything about the party. The theme, the cups, the food, the decorations, the dress she wore and the birthday cake (one day I will learn to bake it myself...).
When she woke up from her nap after the party she asked me if she is 4 already!? So she can have another birthday party!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment