Merryn texted me the other day asking if we are planning to come over to NZ during the term break in March. I would love to take the kids over to NZ but to be honest I am still recovering from all the traveling we did over the last 3 months or so. So I told her we wont be coming over. The next text from her was "all right, we will come to you instead! Next week if it's ok with you!" It is so good they are such experienced travelers and can just hop on a plane anytime! This time they are only here till next Wednesday tho so literally a "flying visit" as Merryn says.
Today we had a very productive day. In the morning they took Oliver and Luca to the kindy with Ashley in the buggy. We collected them together and hopped on a bus to Parkway Parade for an early lunch.
Just in case you were wondering, YES we went for a little bit of shopping after lunch. Merryn had a few things on her list. We managed to find some of the things she wanted very quickly and were home in 2 hours just in time to watch the first rugby game of the season. Matthew also got back from his flight when the game started so he could enjoy watching the whole game with Dennis.
After the rugby we took the kids for a walk, bike ride and a bit of rugby practice. Oliver was inspired by the players on TV and wanted to run around and practice passing and running. We are taking him for a trial rugby lesson tomorrow so it was good practice for him.
I was too lazy to organise our dinner at home tonight. When you don't have food? Go to the food court and enjoy nice Indian! Yum yum yum!
I am very glad M&D are here. The kids see them often enough and are very comfortable around them now. We will be doing IKEA (of course!) and also Holland Village in the next few days.
I am very glad M&D are here. The kids see them often enough and are very comfortable around them now. We will be doing IKEA (of course!) and also Holland Village in the next few days.




No comments:
Post a Comment