Thursday, November 24, 2016

Veramping & Balconist

While Glamorous Camping = Glamping, camping with bath, toilet, aircon, bed, sofa etc is getting popular around the world, in Japan a new term "Veramping" = veranda + glamorous + camping was created by a publisher LaLa Begin. As you know Japanese people have limited time and space for leisure (I am not a usual Japanese...). But more and more people are making their balcony/veranda as a leisure space/outdoor living room and enjoying picnic lunch and coffee etc.

I am very lucky to be able to do this for the last year and a half since we moved to this bigger unit. Having a bigger balcony makes a huge difference. I would love to make the space more cozy by putting nice lights and more cushions etc but having occasional strong sun, rain, wind and storms I have kept it very simple.

Yesterday Kei and Hiroko came around and made some yummy pizza from scratch. Of course we had  a bottle of wine with it! We just love our lifestyle here so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment