Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Big day out -1

Ok this must have been the busiest day for us in a while. Boel and Nathan had "things to do" on Orchard Rd. Since us Roses were slow getting ready they took Luca with them and started the day ahead. 

We met up half way though their shopping at Takashimaya and had lunch at Marche restaurant in Somerset. I alway like dining there, they have a great selection from starters to deserts. You shouldn't go when you are hungry... you end up with way too much food!


The kids were dressed in matching clothes - they look so cute!



We knew we were heading out to the Night Safari at the end of the day so we tried not to exhaust the kids but they were having so much fun running in the playhouse. 

After lunch we separated into two groups - 1) keen for shopping and 2) not so keen for shopping. As you can easily guess, the boys were in the latter group and headed out to Clarke Quay for relaxing afternoon at a riverside bar. 

Boel and I covered quite a bit with our leopards. We started off on Orchard then ended up in Plaza Singapore. From there we took the MRT to meet up with the boys to enjoy some Mojitos!



I was so thirsty from the afternoon, I drank it way too fast so had to stop halfway through the glass so that I didn't get drunk before heading to the zoo. 

They had Oktoberfest in the main arcade of Clarke Quay. We got to feel the festiveness while we had our drinks.





Making an extra stop here wasn't the greatest idea as by the time we got to the zoo it was almost 8:30 - quite late to start an exciting evening :( We basically jumped on the tram and checked out the animals instead of walking the trails. Oliver was very concerned there were no fences surrounding the animals. Luca was just being Luca - nonstop talking! I was very happy we didn't have to walk any further (after a whole day of walking around...) It felt like we were in Jurassic Park! 

We went straight to the amphitheater to see the night animal show after the tram ride. It was very good. My boys always enjoy the show so I was very pleased they were both awake for it. 

At the exit of the zoo there was a fire man show. Oliver studied the Night Safari map a few days ago and had spotted these people "eating fire" so he was looking forward to seeing it very much.




I think he got the best view of it!


We were all so exhausted by the time we got home. I haven't felt that tired for a long long time... I did enjoy the Night Safari more than I thought I would but I think we will wait till our kids are little bit older for our next visit so that we can enjoy it more. And remember not to have mojitos before you go in!

No comments:

Post a Comment