Oliver and Helen:
Luca and Mina:
Before getting into the taxi, we took some family photos:


All of us together:
We have been to German restaurants here in Singapore but going there with German friends made it very authentic. I asked Maike what is traditional German food during the New Year period and she told me about "fondue"and was hoping we could try some - of course they had it on the New Year special meal!
Maike and Hans kindly picked some dishes for us. We had some fondue, German sausages, which Oliver is now in love with, some pork knuckles and SpƤtzle - a form of cheesy baked pasta.
Because the fondue pot was very hot we had to keep it away from the kids and it somehow ended up in front of Hans. And poor Hans ended up cooking most of the food for us...
At the end of the meal I was so full. It was all so delicious! I might have to get myself a fondue pot and try some at home. I also want to try cheesy ones and chocolate ones one day!
Oliver thought he was much bigger than before he had his meal as he ate 2 big sausages himself!

No comments:
Post a Comment