Saturday, May 6, 2017

Martini night

Well well well! What a fun night it was. Meisha organised a fab Martini Night for us to get together. Matthew had to work so we got there a little late. When we arrived everyone was in a happy state already! We had to catch up fast...


Fabian and Shem:

The ladies:

Nicola, Meisha and myself:

Rowena and Nico:

Meisha and Patrick:

The bar Morton's at the Mandarin Oriental Hotel is famous for its martini night. Each martini costs $15.95 which is not cheap. Why a good deal? Well you get free flow steak sandwiches (I didn't get enough tho) and a lot more alcohol in each drink. Each martini glass contains 3oz shots of gin/vodka!! That is 3 times stronger than a normal martini!!

Did we know about it? NOPE, they tasted so good and we just ordered more and more!


By this stage no one was standing straight...



We had a little goodbye speech session from Nicola and James (sob sob sob).


Guess what? We still made it to Chijmes. I think it was still quite early so not much was happening. But when you had enough to drink in the previous bar it doesn't matter right? 

Some of them stayed out and had even more fun. I must be getting very old. I had to call it a night and come home. Way too many Martinis in such a short time!


Will I do this again? Definitely YES - now I know I need to be careful not to have too many too quickly :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment