Thursday, May 11, 2017

Lunch Date with my love

We are spending more and more time together just us recently. Having our super helper Gini makes a huge difference when we want to go out. She can pick up the little ones from kindy, feed them snacks and keep them entertained until we get home.

The other day we decided to visit Sky on 57 at Marina Bay Sands. I enjoy going out at night time but I also love having a posh lunch - especially when it comes with a great view!




Well we just couldn't say no to these extremely tasty oysters which are in season at the moment. Matthew and I have very similar tastes. Makes it easy to share :)



After the amazing oysters we both had a business lunch set each. There were quite a few options but of course we felt like eating the same thing!! French goat cheese with green salad.


New Zealand lamb rack - I still think they serve the best lamb in Singapore.



Then the dessert. I wish they had a little more to choose from. I had this sorbet with dried berries - nice enough but I felt like something different. 


After the lunch we walked around the balcony. Nice clear day - this is looking into the Marina area - Can you see a Merlion, a durian and some bananas in the photo below?? 


Singapore CBD area:

Love of my life :) :) :)



While we were there I got text messages from my best friend Rachael who was in town for a short visit from Jakarta. She happened to be lunching with her partner in the Marina area too. So we decided to meet up for a couple of drinks. 



Since we moved to Singapore I get to see Rachael more than ever. It was more than 20 years ago we studied in a English language school in NZ together. 



This photo makes me laugh, we are enjoying each others company but we all have our phones out. 
I think I had my second drink a little too fast. I was feeling quite drunk by the time we left. The restaurant is definitely nice but I also enjoy just relaxing on the sofa looking out over the sea too. 


Welcome back Rach!

No comments:

Post a Comment