Sunday, January 29, 2017

Kei's birthday BBQ

On the weekend we were invited to Kei's birthday BBQ. Unfortunately it rained all afternoon so the party had to be delayed slightly. But it brought the temperature right down which was quite nice.

I made prawn and vegetable ajillo again - which was a hit. And something new I wanted to try - a BBQ pineapple with Maple syrup. It didn't turn out how I wanted. I think next time I need to cut it into slices then cook.


The main dish for the BBQ was these amazing wagyu beef steaks. They were so tender and juicy - I hadn't eaten that much meat at once in a long time. They had so much of it, it kept coming out to the table!!

The kids enjoyed yummy wagyu beef burgers and of course marshmellows on a stick. 


Time for a birthday cake, the fireworks were a great idea :)


Super happy Kei - Happy Birthday!!!


Well the fun time continued till all the lights went out in the BBQ pit. Lots of laughs and our usual entertainment - karaoke with Youtube! 



This was only half the empty bottles...


Tetsuo (Kei's husband) and Kei


The party moved to Kei's place. Most of the guests stayed on and I think the last ones (including me) left around 3 am!! I am so glad we could be part of your special celebration again this year :)

No comments:

Post a Comment