Friday, February 12, 2016

Visit to the Japanese School

Kei and I visited the Japanese School with Oliver and Ayaka the other day to make the big payment!
It was the first time for Oliver to see the school. He was very impressed with its size. It's quite a big school, Oliver's age (Primary 1) will have 8 classes with over 200 kids. In the Japanese system primary school is up to grade 6, 12 years old. Then they move onto Junior High School where they study the following 3 years. After that they will be attending High School until they are 18 years old.



With his best friend Ayaka. I really hope they can be in the same class.


The PE field is huge!


It was good to visit the school before their trial day in March. They will be taking the school bus from the condo together. 

After the visit we went for a lovely lunch at a cafe called "The Coastal Settlement" in Changi Village. It was surrounded by lots of greenery and the interior was very cool - my type of cafe!






We ate way more than we needed. Not to mention we didn't need any dinner that day... this could be our hang out place when we have school visits :) 

Oliver is doing very well with his Japanese lessons. He has improved his writing and reading so much. I am also teaching him addition and subtraction, how to read the clock etc. I do enjoy teaching him but at the same time I am very relieved that I don't need to teach him all of it myself. It is such hard work!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment