Sunday, February 14, 2016

Girls weekend in Bangkok Day1

Kylie had only one more week with us before she returned to New Zealand. We had talked about a short holiday for the two of us alone. Just going on a holiday without the kids was very exciting but on top of that I could spend a weekend with my best friend! Double joy!

We looked into Taipei as a destination first. We had a mutual friend living there from our high school days. Plus my friend from Osaka wanted to meet up for some dinner too. But having the weekend falling just after Chinese New Year the tickets were quite expensive for Kylie so we decided to look elsewhere. Our next choice was Jakarta, I know it is not a holiday destination but our great friends Rachel and Peter who live there have completed their holiday batch on a mountain right by a National Park there. Rach showed us some pictures while she was here last. The place looked amazing!!! Unfortunately the mountain excursion dates didn't work for me. So we had to look where to go again...

There are so many places we could go for a weekend from Singapore... That was the main problem, too many choices! Well from all the possible destinations, we ended up choosing Bangkok, Thailand.

Kylie had never been to Thailand and wanted to do some cheap shopping and sightseeing there. And as lots of you know I get to see my super friends, the Ferans while we are there. I was very very happy with the decision :)

Here is the picture of us ready for our weekend away! (to be honest Kylie needed to get away from our kids as much as I did!! They were all over her every single day since she got to Singapore)


Unfortunately we got right into crazy busy lunchtime traffic coming out of the airport. It was such a relief to be able to check in at the beautiful hotel - Radisson Blu Plaza Bangkok and have some relaxing time before we explored the interesting city.



We had a very late lunch at the pool bar. Delicious made-to-order burger, your choice of bun, meat, sauce, cheese, side dish and a drink - of course we chose beer!


Once our tummies were satisfied we went out for some shopping. My besty, Isabel met up with us and showed us around. It was a super bonus to get to spend some quality time with her :)


I love the green/natural-trend that Thailand shopping malls have adopted. 


Since our excursion started late, we had only limited time for shopping and it was already time to look for something to eat. We ended up having some Thai food in a cool cafe/restaurant. Surprise!?

We weren't sure what's next. We couldn't decide if we would just go back to the hotel and have an early night as Kylie and I were both exhausted. Don't ask me how? without kids? on holiday? 

In the end we made an arrangement to meet up with Isabel again in the morning and explored the street market Isabel mentioned near the hotel. We ended up walking for over 1 1/2 hours. Looking at endless Thai crafts and clothing and some strange items for sale on the street.... 


Kylie bought two tops and I came back empty handed. I just didn't feel like buying anything somehow.
I think we were both asleep a minute after we turned the light off... 

No comments:

Post a Comment