Saturday, November 1, 2014

Halloween 2014 preparations

We were so lucky to have Merryn with us for this Halloween. She is absolutely wonderful at sewing and crafting and is full of great ideas!

We were invited to the German Tavern this year (last year it was at our French friends place - I love our international friends!) I thought it was nice to have a family theme for the dress up and decided we will be going as a Minion family from the 2010 movie "Despicable Me". 


Merryn and I spent a good two days running around, shop to shop looking at lots of yellow things. We (mostly Merryn) managed to put it together just in time for the party.


Adult outfits were quite easy. Matthew and Dennis were Gru so we needed some black clothes and stripy scarfs. We managed to find the perfect fabric for only $5! For Merryn and I we found some yellow T-shirts and a pair of denim overalls each.

We wanted to make sure Luca and Ashley kept their Minion hats on all night. We made sure the fabric was thin enough for them not to get too hot. And of course needed to look cute!

Here is the outcome - aren't they gorgeous!?


Trying on the prototype:


I just couldn't convince Oliver to come as a Minion. He would not change his mind (I really don't know where he gets that stubbornness from). He really wanted to be Emmet from the LEGO movie. Thanks to Merryn here are his dress up clothes.


Well all the effort paid off. We had such a great night. Everyone looooved our costumes :) Thanks Merryn for your help. I couldn't have done it without you. You know you are already invited to next year's Halloween party!

No comments:

Post a Comment