Saturday, January 25, 2014

Homework

Oliver is now in K1 and this was his first week at kindy after the holidays. He came back happily with a bag full of homework. There was some for English, Science, Art and Chinese. He is only in kindy for 3 hours a day. So I am guessing they want him to work as much as possible on the weekend...

For English he had to practice writing his name:



The focus in science was distinguishing fruits and flowers this week:



Reading material - "Dad's present"



Art project was drawing a birthday cake he wishes to get - who could guess he wanted a LEGO one!?

 

Oliver's birthday cake - a square, chocolate cake with five candles (rainbow colour) with a Lego man on top.

We had some trouble doing the Chinese homework. Reading and writing was no problem. But reading the whole Chinese sentences and trying to guess what he was supposed to do on the worksheet was a mission! I can tell the meaning of most of the characters but I wasn't 100% sure of the whole instructions :(



I think next week I will ask his Chinese teacher what he is supposed to do before bringing it back.

Oliver did very well considering it took a long time to complete everything. It is good to know what he is learning at kindy but we still think it is quite a lot for a 4 year old...

No comments:

Post a Comment