Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Strawberries, Cricket & Fish and Chips

We had such a fun filled Boxing Day with all the cousins. First, we met up at the strawberry picking farm on the North Shore. Beautiful weather for it. I didn't expect the strawberry field to be so big!!


We started to pick strawberries but shortly after we realised it might be better to eat them as we pick!! They were the best strawberries I have ever tasted - so sweet and so juicy, slightly warm with the sun shining on them!













We picked half a bucket each for the three families. We must have eaten more than we brought back!


Look at these gorgeous red strawberries!


From the strawberry field we went to the Cotty's place for lunch and a little play in the backyard.


In the afternoon all the families got together once again for a game of cricket in a park. 






Luca, Ashley and Harriet had a ball running around the sprinkler.


Grandparents were busy pushing the grandkids on the swings:


Luca was extremely happy he could climb up the tree!


Once we said goodbye to the North Shore cousins we drove up to one of our favourite places in Auckland - Takapuna Beach. I was a little bit disappointed they have built this great playground by the beach. Too many people, too modern, I just want my kids to play on the beach when we come down to the beach!

You don't need slides and swings when you have THIS VIEW right in front of you, don't you think???




This picture was my favourite of the day. Such a stunning view. I could watch them play forever!


And it got even better, we had delicious fish and chips on the beach for dinner. Is it the sea breeze which makes them taste so much better? Our kids are definitely hooked on them - true Kiwi kids :)


No comments:

Post a Comment