Thursday, December 1, 2016

Christmas shopping and lunch date

It was a very rainy day and it even felt cold and Christmasy. So Matthew and I decided to leave the kids with our helper Gini for the day and go into the city for some Christmas shopping just the two of us.

We started off checking out the Christmas bazaar at the Pan Pacific Hotel on Orchard. There are about 30 little stalls selling all sorts of Christmas gifts. Unfortunately I didn't see anything I wanted, can you believe that? Me at a Christmas fair??


Then we walked along Orchard Road. The famous street lights have been up for quite some time Every year they been put up earlier and earlier, and I hate it! Christmas atmosphere should be for December.  I think they were up as soon as Halloween finished this year. 


Tangs Christmas shop:

Inside Paragon:

Well the main reason we went out was for me to find a new watch and some gifts for the family. We completely failed in our mission. We didn't end up buying anything on our list except for Matthew's new sunnies. I gave up halfway through. So we decided to have something to eat. We were at the right place when we decided to call it for the day.  Our friend Meisha recommended this place called Luke's but I never knew where it was exactly. It was in Robinsons department store in The Heeren which is the one I visit the most (but I didn't know?) It was very well tucked away in a corner of women's clothes section. If you didn't know about it you wouldn't think there is a restaurant behind the black doors.  

It was slightly pricy for a casual lunch but the service was excellent and the food was amazing!


We had three different types of oysters to taste:


Then for the main, two different burgers to share. Shredded pork and their signature dish - chunky beef burger - OH MY it was the best beef burger I have had in my life!


Since we kind of gave up on our shopping by this stage, we didn't have to rush. We ended up just enjoying our "just us" time - a perfect lunch date - thank you Matthew xx

No comments:

Post a Comment