Thursday, June 30, 2016

Checking out the venue

Oliver's class has entered into a dodgeball competition which is organised by the Japanese Association here in Singapore. It is supposed to be a very big event. The parents get involved heavily to lead the team to victory. There are 20 kids in the team and some parents become their coaches, referees, organising practice venues, deciding on the team uniform, and even lunch box ordering duty for the competition day.

I wasn't sure how much I could get involved, Matthew having irregular schedule and Luca and Ashley with me. So when there was a position to organise the after competition party I put my hand up!
Something that doesn't require a lot of work and I am good at.

It turned out it was quite a mission to find a venue which had good meal and drinks at a good price and can take over 50 people (of which 30 were kids!). I dragged my friends and Matthew to couple of places before deciding on the venue.

In the end we settled on a Japanese restaurant&bar in town which gave food and drinks for free for under 7 years old (half of Oliver's class mates are still 6) and adults can have free flow of alcohol and food for $50!

To ensure the quality of the service and the food Matthew and I went out for lunch one afternoon. We were amazed by the staff working there, they were fantastic! Food was great and we got a very big private room for the function. Couldn't be any better. I was very happy we finally found a place. My mission as a party planner was almost completed!

No comments:

Post a Comment