They got a sharing book - HAKA which is perfect for Kiwi kids who love rugby! They also got a little soft toy kiwi which plays the HAKA. We will see how long it will take for me to hide it. Luca is constantly pushing the button...
Ashley giving Merryn a thank you hug:
Very happy girl, opening a big present by herself!!
What is it!!!???
It was a beautiful eye-spy quilt!!
Merryn put in so so many hours creating this masterpiece. She asked me what kind of fabric I would like to have on it during the planning stage. You can see them here, my wish for the colour was apricot and grey and some dotted patterns.
Ashley's name when written with Japanese characters looks like this 杏珠鈴. I chose the name Ashley first and for each syllable/sound I assigned a Chinese character.
杏 - this means apricot. I chose symbol colours for each of our kids. For Oliver you can guess from the name. The name originates from olive trees so his colour is green.
Luca's name when written in Japanese has a character for lapis lazuli - sky blue.
I think if I ask Ashley now she would definitely prefer PINK over apricot :) I think it is a nice soft colour for a girl.
珠 - this means pearl. I thought nice character for a girl to have :)
鈴 - This character was the most important to me when choosing her name. My mother's name is 鈴子 (Suzuko) which means "Bell child" and my name is written like this 美鈴 and means "Beautiful bell". So when I found out I was having a girl I really wanted to pass the character "bell".
Merryn was so good, she found a fabric that was apricot and had pearls around it. You can see it near Luca's finger in the photo above.
Oliver and Luca got the same present:
ALL BLACKS book!!
It is a bit too early but Matthew got an early birthday present from M&D too. As a Singapore Rose family tradition, for a big item we use recyclable wrapping - a quilt!!
He got an adult size scooter. Now he can go and scoot with the kids :)
No comments:
Post a Comment