Easter holiday was extra exciting for the boys this year as their kindy is Christian so they have a big focus on religious celebration for Easter. They both learnt what Easter is about and learnt lots of new celebration songs. Oliver got to make a basket for the Easter egg hunt (unfortunately we were away on Easter Monday so he missed out using it...) etc.
It was a public holiday on Easter Friday so the kids got to enjoy the day off with us and some friends. In the morning they wanted pancakes for breakfast. I know it is not traditional at all but I had to come up with something Easter like? - Yes, egg shaped pancakes with a little bunny each. I put some sprinkles, marshmallows and yummy NZ jam into bowls so that the boys can decorate their own Easter egg pancakes.
I think it was a hit! Very happy kids :) :) :)
I looked up some hot cross bun recipes the previous night so that I could bake some with the boys. As I was discussing it with Matthew I got a text from Nicola (who lives in the same condo) inviting us for some hot cross buns! Of course I said a big "YES" to the offer and put my recipe book away!Nicola was very organised and had an Easter Egg craft station set up for the kids. It is so nice to have some older children who are very good at helping the little ones.
Oliver was extra proud of his little egg:
Us adults enjoyed some wine and champagne while the kids played nicely. We were invited to go to an Easter BBQ downstairs but it started to rain very heavily so it had to start later in the evening.
We decided to stay home as we had an early start planned the next day to go away for 5 days to Phuket. I had lots of packing to do!










No comments:
Post a Comment