Friday, February 8, 2013

Gong xi fa chai

Oliver has been waiting for this day for the last few weeks - the Chinese New Year Celebration Party at kindy. He has been practicing the lion dance, playing cymbals (I think it was his part in the music composition) and of course the "gong xi" song!

Unfortunately the parents weren't invited to see any of the exciting events but when I picked him up he was very very happy - I am sure he must have had a wonderful time :)

He came home with some goodies. More craft work, angpao - the red envelope with two golden chocolate coins inside and two mandarin oranges.



Our condo is getting ready for the celebration too, here is Oliver after school:



Gong xi fa cai everyone!

We are off to Japan tonight for a short holiday! I will be posting photos from there - watch this space :)
Enjoy your CNY holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment