Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Spain 2017 Summer - friends reunion

After dropping our bags at the apartment we walked to this plaza to meet up with our Singapore friends who now live in Qatar. We love exploring by walking. The kids were excited about everything they saw. These pictures were taken right outside our apartment. Yep, it was a very hot day!



3 minutes later - already stopping for some water.



Huge rubbish/recycling bins!!

Our little princess enjoying the walk:

I think we walked uphill for 20 min or so. This plaza was quite nice with a playground for the kids and some restaurants surrounding it. But it was so hot!!!!





And we were reunited!!! Gabi and her boys were visiting her brother who lives in Barcelona. We saw them in April this year but it was such a treat to be able to see them again (unfortunately Ben couldn't join us this time). 


We had some late lunch together - Very relaxing!


It was great to have friends who are from a Spanish speaking country (I told myself when we visited Barcelona last time to master Spanish before we came back but somehow it never happened...). I can order things but cannot understand if the waiter questions me back. 

Yummy tapas and cold beer - cannot go wrong!




After a good feed and some more cold beer we moved to a different plaza. In Barcelona the streets are organised in squares and lots of gathering places are around. Such a great idea. 

Best friends - Rafi and Luca!



I like these two pictures I took :)



This playground was much better than the first one. Having the tree and the gate made a huge difference to supervise all the kids. 



It got busier and busier! Some people were even having a kids birthday party. Such a nice community feeling.

Another mission for the day was to meet up with our Spanish friends Victor, Sara and their daughter Maria. We were so so so excited to see each other!!!
Maria is now 3 but she has grown so much taller than Ashley. 




And she looks so much like her father!!


I think it was the best way to spend Day 1 - just chilling out with friends and letting the kids run around to get rid of the excess energy so they could go to bed regardless of the time difference. After saying goodbye to our friends we walked back to the apartment to bath them and headed out again to find a place for dinner. 

I noticed while we were walking, Ashley and Luca are just like me.  Stopping in front of every single shop they see and of course deciding on what to buy!


The first two places we had in mind were already fully booked :( But we managed to find a good place nearby. Time for some Spanish feast! And beer of course :)




As you can see we ordered way more than we can eat... This happened throughout our stay. Everything looks too good! Oh I wish I can live in Spain one day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment